Learn about dietary, lifestyle, and integrative approaches for treating IBD
You’ve made the decision to begin researching how diet and lifestyle choices can help control your IBD. This website will show you some of the options that are available to you. Explore everything from how the food you eat impacts the pain you feel to ways to reduce stress through relaxation. Our goal is to provide sufficient information for you to be an active participant in discussions with your doctor.
Our approach to healing focuses on 6 aspects of health and wellness. While there are many ways to approach the treatment of IBD, we feel that a patient who addresses these key areas will be in an excellent position to improve their overall well being.
- Dietary Modification: Learn about how the foods you eat can help you heal… or potentially aggravate your symptoms.
- Mind-body Therapies: Learn how these techniques can improve your quality of life and help relieve symptoms of IBD.
- Nutrition and Vitamins: Research which nutrients are key for individuals living with IBD.
- Exercise: Read the latest research on how regular exercise improves overall health and strengthens the immune system.
- Meditation: A mind-body therapy that can reduce stress and improve one’s mental state.
- Support Services: Every patient with IBD needs a support network because there will undoubtedly be challenging times on your road to recovery. It is perfectly okay to ask for help when your need it. We want you to think of the representatives at FoodRx as people you can rely on to be there for you.
Click on a link above and discover how diet and integrative medicine can help heal your body and change your life!